I'm in the process of:
- applying for another visa, which requires all sorts of things: forms, medical certificate, police certificate, more forms, passport photos, various proofs of partnership, written letters
- moving to a new home, the official move is on Saturday this week
- still training for a half-ironman even though I can't ride outdoors because of the ice and frigid temps!
- work, but only part-time
Actually, not much is going on, I guess, but the days are short, it takes me a long time to warm up, and sadly motivation is low. The only thing that excites me at the moment is... and here's another list:
- warm delicious food by a hot, pumping fire
- swimming, swimming, swimming
- my entire race calendar for next season (November 2012 to June 2013), which I have already got mapped out, see below
- all the training that said race calendar entails, and all in beautiful Wanaka, NZ
- visiting a friend in Cairns, Australia for 1 month, soaking up the warmth and sun
- getting a new puppy dog upon my return, yes that's right, a puppy!! A white german shepherd. One of these cute farts below:
|His name shall be Zeus, yes like the god, and I shall train him|
to be a superhero!
The racing season looks like this:
Nov 3. Karapiro half-iron (potentially OR...)
Nov ?. Mt Somers duathlon (40k cycle - 24k mtn trail run - 30k cycle)
Dec 8. Taupo half-iron
Dec 15. Rotorua half-iron (back to back racing on the North Island!)
Jan 19. Challenge Wanaka half-iron
Mar ?. 3 Peaks 235k epic climbing cycle event, Victoria, Australia
June ?. Ironman Cairns
The training shall be epic, in particular the cycling required to ride for 11-12+ hours to complete the vertically-inclined ride in the Victorian Alps. Woah, baby! I wish it was summer already!