Tuesday, November 1, 2011

5 stitches!

So, in my ever-impressive life, I've managed to slice open my finger while cutting pumpkin. I even recollect thinking, as I changed the angle of the knife: "My, this would be bad if it slipped". Slip it did. I cut through the skin, the subcutaneous flesh right down to the bone and the tendons. I thankfully did not sever any tendons and so all that really needed to be done at the medical center was the cauterization of cut blood vessels to stop the blood gushing, and 5 stitches to sew me back up.


No swimming for 10 days! No braking on the left hand side (back brakes) for 10 days -- who needs back brakes anyway?? I didn't when I went for a group ride today! And no falling over onto my right hand side while trail running for 10 days, which is a big ask for me. I did indeed fall yesterday while running on some steep as downhill mtn bike tracks and landed, HARD, but thankfully on my right hand. Close one!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's impressive! I've had similar moments preceded by the exact same thoughts, and apparently don't learn as I've done it numerous times. Hope it heals quickly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... that's almost better than my running fall over a crack in the sidewalk last winter... ending up with 14 stitches in my right knee and on cruthes for two weeks! Heal quickly and soon!

    Oh and BTW I'm doing Eagleman 70.3 next year as well... since it's so close to where I am! Already looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marci -- See you at Eagleman 70.3!! Can't wait!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finger looks gnarly!

    I couldn't agree with you more on running different types of terrain.

    I can't lie though... Im jealous of the terrain you have!

    ReplyDelete