Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ironman PERFORM

It seems the Ironman brand has ventured into another corporate undertaking - they've teamed up with PowerBar to produce a unique (but in the end, not so unique) sports drink. I'm quite certain it will be exclusively offered at aid stations on IM and IM 70.3 courses - correct me if I am wrong.



It seems like it is a very rushed affair. They are sweeping it in to IM and IM 70.3 events quite quickly, even so soon as the IM 70.3 Rhode Island on July 11, in which I am registered. I'll be getting a free case of it soon, courtesy of Ironman - I hope it's to my satisfaction. I've never trained with any PowerBar products, preferring water with Gu chomps or Clif shotbloks, or Gatorade sports drink... 

What are people's thoughts on this cross-marketing, or all branding that Ironman seems to be doing a whole lot more of recently?

5 comments:

  1. love it or hate it, it's what happens when things become more popular and the power of brand names become more valuable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEt us know how it tastes. I understand it doesnt have any high fructose corn syrup ... which is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Patrick - You're right, but hopefully all this cross-branding does not impact the quality of the IM and IM 70.3 events. I hope that the IM company keeps staging high-quality races, and still focuses on the athlete out there, not the $$
    @Jeff - Oh yes, there will be a thorough review of the product, that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff - probably because of Canadian customs, but the Ironman Perform never came. DISAPPOINTING to say the least.

    ReplyDelete